Endogard Allwormer for Small Dogs up to 5kg - 4 Tablets
or make 4 interest-free payments of $3.71 AUD fortnightly with More info
Worms are common internal parasites in pets and if left untreated my cause severe illness or even death. Some life stages of these worms can also infect humans and have the potential of causing serious disease. Regular treatment for worms should be taken to ensure that families and pets can live together safely and happily. The following are answers to commonly asked questions on Endogard … the palatable allwormer.
What is Endogard?
Endogard is a liver flavoured allwormer* tablet that has been assessed and approved for the treatment and control of roundworm (Toxascaris leonina, Toxocara canis), hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum, Uncinaria stenocephala), whipworm (Trichuris vulpis) and tapeworm (Dipylidium caninum, Taenia ovis, Taenia pisiformis, Taenia hydatigena) including hydatids (Echinococcus granulosus) in dogs.
* Does not prevent heartworm
How is it different from other allwormers?
Endogard differs in 3 main characteristics from other allwormers sold in Australia. These are:
- The increased palatability of the tablet makes administration of the tablet considerably easier than many allwormers. Endogard converts an unpleasant task into a real treat for your dog.
- Endogard contains the actives praziquantel for tapeworm control and oxibendazole for intestinal worm control. It does not contain pyrantel or similar actives of the same class. It is generally accepted that the effectiveness of worm control products can be extended without the build up of resistance if a simple rotation of products is followed. Virbac recommends that Endogard containing Oxibendazole be used as part of an annual rotation program with pyrantel based allwormer tablets.
- Endogard is available in 5, 10, 20 and 35 kg animal weight packs. For all animals between 2.5 and 70 kg not more than 2 and not less than half the tablet is required with each administration. With other allwormers up to 3 to 4 wormers may be required for some body weights.
How often do I need to use Endogard?
In general, treatment of adults should be given every 3 months. If your pet is a puppy, breeding bitch, in a known hydatid area or if whipworm is a problem, more frequent administration may be required. Under all circumstances consult the label or chart below before administering the product and talk to your veterinarian about worming and control of other parasites.
Oxibendazole 22.5 mg/kg, Praziquantel 5 mg/kg
- Puppies - Treat according to weight at 2, 4, 8 and 12 weeks of age.
- Adults - Treat every 3 months
- Breeding Bitch - Treat during gestation, one week before birth and 3 to 4 weeks after birth.
- Dogs should not be fed offal from any species.
- Dogs in hydatid areas should be treated every 6 weeks.
- Where whipworm is a problem, treat 6-8 weeks after 3 months of age.
- If worm problems persist, consult a veterinarian.
How does resistance or tolerance develop?
Resistance or tolerance by worms may develop either when a product is used continuously over many years, when less than the recommended dose rate is given or if the parasite gets exposed to chemicals which "hang around" in the body for too long. The use of the modern effective worm control products can be extended by reducing the possibility of resistance if a simple rotation of products is followed. Virbac recommends an annual rotation between pyrantel and oxibendazole containing allwormers in dogs.
Does Endogard represent value for money?
Value for money is measured in terms of cost and convenience. Overall we believe that the increased palatability of Endogard, the easier administration, the multiple pack sizes that cater for dogs of all sizes and weights, the benefit Endogard offers as part of the rotation strategy for intestinal worms and the price of the product make it excellent value for money.
What other products do I need to use to provide complete protection for my dog from internal and external parasites such as worms and fleas?
Virbac recommends you use Endogard in conjunction with a program to control heartworm and fleas. Talk to your veterinarian about what solution is best for your pet’s circumstances.
Why choose Endogard?
- The liver flavoured tablet is more palatable than many other allwormers making administration of tablet easier. Endogard converts an unpleasant task into a real treat for your dog.
- Endogard has been assessed and approved for the treatment and control of roundworm, hookworm, whipworm and tapeworm including hydatids in dogs.
- Endogard palatable tablets are available in convenient 5 kg, 10 kg and 20 kg animal weight packs. Just determine the weight of your animal and select the right pack size for their needs.
- Endogard contains the active Oxibendazole. As such, it is the ideal product to use as an annual rotational treatment to help reduce the possibility of resistance against pyrantel based allwormers.
- Endogard palatable allwormer represents excellent value for money.
- Endogard is an integral component of a comprehensive parasite control program for your dog.